The PetraLangKlang® concept which I am teaching in my master classes as well as in private lessons is based on my years of experience as an opera and concert singer, as master class teacher for voice, violin and viola teacher, early music educator and as a teacher-advisor-accompanist of singers of all ages, development and fee levels.
In our highly technical and well-connected world, we must adapt to the requirements and expectations. The visual side of the vocal profession is becoming increasingly important given the daily video presentations. We must be fast, accurate and still able to individually meet requirements.
Unchanged, however, are the fundamentals of singing, because it is bound to the physique of man. Here it is important to make optimal use of resonance spaces and to find the physical and psychological balance, which then enables the singer to sing in the right vocal genre and in the age-appropriate and optimal vocal category. Therefore, it is important for any professional singer to know which repertoire he/she can sing when, where and how. A basic knowledge of the parts of your own repertoire and their right choice can be important factors for a long singing career.
Classical singing lessons are the foundation of my work, which I tailor individually to the singer and add different elements, such as relaxation exercises, visualization or mental techniques, just to name a few.
I also like to use Peter Hess® sound methods, which are proven to have "positive effects on relaxation, well-being, endurance, concentration, motivation and creativity".
My work encompasses the three areas of teaching, consulting and coaching, which are individually tailored to each singer and are used in a complementary and conditional way.
- Technical basics of singing
- Breathing technique
- Precision of articulation, phrasing and intonation
- -Viability, flexibility, resilience and modulation capability of the voice
- Extension/optimization of range, dynamic and timbre spectrum of the voice
Parts-/ role study
- Role selection and analysis
- involves exploring various aspects which bring the character to life
- Thinking, feeling, physicality of the role and identification with the character "parallel" to singing
- Development towards a "Singing actor"
- Determine the ratio of flexibility, stamina and strength of the respective role and incorporate it into the singer's given possibilities and, if necessary, adapt and expand them
- Analysis, expertise, advice
- Assessment of vocal and acting possibilities
- Voice category advise, career planning
- Role Selection
- Timing: where, when, which role
- Timing for the preparation period of a role
- Help for self-help - Goal is an independent, responsible and "knowing singer" 2
- Recognizing, expanding and optimally exploiting of your own resources
- Learning and implementing techniques for fast regeneration
- Strengthening of self-awareness and vocal self-consciousness
The components of teaching, consulting and coaching I use build on each other, complement each other, stand out from each other in phases, and then merge again. They should impart skills and knowledge to the singer, show him his options and lead him into his own sense of responsibility through reflection and his conscious, repeatable and deliberately available singing and playing.